Wednesday 29 January 2014

Devils with Wings

After reading Harvey Blacks red effect and Black effect I got a hooked on the authors work and bought the Devils with Wings the first part of a ww2 trilogy following fictional members of the Green Devils ,the German Fallschirmjager . The first book is set in Poland and Belgium and covers historical actions at the start of the second world war from the view point of the fictional characters ,although not as well written or as Gripping as the cold war books by Mr Black (this was his first book ) it is still a very good read and I have ordered the next 2 instalments. Very enjoyable 8/10

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your very kind comments and I'm glad you enjoyed The Red Effect and The Black Effect. Yes, Devils with Wings was my very first novel and at some point in the future I will probably rewrite it. Silk Drop is much better and Frozen Sun is on a parr with my latest works. The Blue Effect is due out in May. Thank you again. HB

    ReplyDelete